What are the Benefits of Adoption?
Adoption can bring a positive outcome to an unplanned pregnancy. If you’re not ready or able to parent, someone else is, and that someone could be a family selected by YOU who will love and nurture your child.
- An opportunity to fulfill your lifelong goals such as college, career, and the chance to parent when the time is right for you.
- The knowledge that you have made it possible for a family to fulfill their dream of becoming parents. A dream that would not be possible without you.
- You can choose the family and get to know one another throughout the pregnancy if that’s your choice. Many talk frequently, but again, that’s up to you. You are in charge.
- Have an open adoption (if that’s your choice) and receive pictures and updates about your child throughout the child’s life.
- Financial assistance. Help with relocation if necessary. Housing, counseling, legal and medical expenses are all free for you.
- Your child will have the opportunity to live in a stable, loving environment with a family who can provide both emotionally and financially for them at a time in your life when it may not be possible for you to do so.
- Extended family to love and nurture your child and provide a safe and secure home.
- The chance to receive a better education and other opportunities to live a happy and healthy life.
- A life full of resources and chances your child may not have received otherwise.
- An adoptive family will get to have their life-long dream come true and be able to experience the joys of parenting.
- Some will get the chance to raise a child and become parents despite infertility issues.
- They will have the opportunity to help a pregnant woman during a difficult time in her life and make a life-long commitment to love and cherish a baby they could not have on their own.
To learn more about your options, call Birthmother’s Choice pregnancy hotline today at 1-800-587-3224 and let us help you plan the best solution for you and your baby.
What Are My Rights?
As a birthmother you have the right to understand all aspects of the adoption process as it pertains to you and your child. You want to know everything and you deserve to! You have the right to be treated with respect and surround yourself with a solid support network that admires and respects your decision.